For christmas my parents graciously gifted me The Bellini Kitchen Master, which is very similar to the kitchen cult icon the Thermomix. It has been getting a serious work out and so far I’ve conjured up;
- Dulce De Leche
- Peanut Butter Cups/Slice
- Beetroot and Feta Dip
- Ham and Cheese Rolls
- Smoothies (this has become a daily ritual)
- Various lemongrass/chilli rubs
One thing I’ve been loving about being a BIKM owner is the fact that I can now pretty much put together really awesome meals from scratch, whilst controlling the nutritional content of my meals. I was blessed with a fairly fast metabolism but I also love eating wholesome, healthy food. The BIKM enables me to prepare fast and from raw ingredients and here is the first of many recipes I’ll be sharing :).
- 1 – 1.5 cans of chickpeas.
- 60g of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (or more if you’re trying to ward off vampires)
- 2 peeled strips of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (hulled)
- Honey (I used stevia to sweeten this hummus)
- A splash of extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
1. Place the garlic clove and lemon zest in bowl and process of speed 7 for about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat.
2. Add chickpeas and tahini and blend on speed 5 for 2 minutes
3. Scrap down the sides of the bowl
4. Add olive oil and blend on speed 4 for 3 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. I topped mine with a bit of paprika.
And then you have delicious hummus for a fraction of the in-store cost and ready in a mere 5 minutes.
P.S – I promise to write up the rest of the recipes for the BIKM soon!